We may collect Personal Information and Usage Information about you from the following sources:
• information about your transactions with us, as well as information we receive from you as a result of your use of our services or purchase of our products;
• information we receive from you, or on your behalf, through applications or other forms that you complete, or if you contact us, for example to ask a question or to sign up for our email list;
• information we receive from you through the Web Properties, such as when you create a user account for use in connection with the Penn Mutual Online Account Access (your “User Account”);
• information we receive from your computer or mobile device;
• information we receive from our partners or service providers; and
• information we receive from other sources such as insurance-support organizations, as permitted by applicable laws, rules and regulations.
In addition to the situations above where we may request and use your email address, we offer an email subscription program. Our email subscription program allows you to opt out of emails we may send from time-to-time. You may choose to opt-in to emails based on specific areas of interest. You may unsubscribe or change your preferences at any time on our Web Properties.
The Web Properties may permit you to submit content, including such things as statements, reviews, ratings, opinions, photos, video, text, graphics, music, sounds, questions, suggestions, messages, comments, feedback, ideas, notes, drawings, articles, stories about you, or any other content of any kind whatsoever. We may now or in the future allow you to create a User Account and electronically submit content through the Web Properties.
We may collect Usage Information from you in the following ways:
Cookies: From time to time, we may use “cookies” to keep track of your visit and your use of the Web Properties. A cookie is a small piece of data that your browser stores on your computer’s or device’s hard drive and is used to collect information, such as identifying those areas of the Web Properties that you have visited in the past in order to enhance your next visit to the Web Properties. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser, but some functionality of the Web Properties may be impaired or not function as intended if you choose not to accept cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Statistics and Log Files: We collect aggregate information about our visitors, including the IP address, type of information used and browser software. In addition, we track what portion of our Web properties are visited, the number of visitors, and time spent on our Web Properties. We keep this information for our internal use for statistical purposes, to analyze trends, and to improve our Web Properties. None of the information is linked back to you as an individual user.
iBeacons and Geolocation: While using certain features of the Web Properties, we may track the physical location of your mobile device or web browser. WiFi and IP addresses received from your device or browser may be used to determine your approximate location. You will always have control over whether to transmit your physical location, and you can prevent such disclosure by disabling Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, declining the request to share your physical location, or adjusting your privacy settings.