About Penn Mutual Mutual Asset Management
Penn Mutual Asset Management, LLC (“PMAM”) is a registered investment adviser and wholly owned subsidiary of The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company. As of December 31, 2019, PMAM manages approximately $28BN in assets. PMAM focuses on risk-based institutional asset management, advisory and investment operation services. We are dedicated to creating value through a prudent, thoughtful and rigorous investment decision-making process. We tailor our proven approach to generate solid risk-adjusted returns that result in consistent earnings, while balancing the need for capital preservation to achieve each client’s strategy and goals.
The Internal Sales & Business Development Associate is a critical member of the PMAM team and is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and management of the firm’s institutional sales efforts. This is an opportunity to be a key member of a small team with access to senior team leaders and institutional clients. The primary role of the internal sales & business development associate is to drive sales by developing, cultivating and maintaining relationships with investment consultants, OCIOs, banks, family offices, RIAs and other institutional investors. The role requires the ability to engage multiple stakeholders and to work collaboratively with various PMAM associates in support of the firm’s distribution efforts. The successful candidate must achieve and maintain an expert knowledge of PMAM’s investment capabilities and client-focused services.
- Collaborate with distribution to develop and implement a strategic plan to increase institutional sales growth
- Lead prospecting activities to cultivate prospective clients via outbound calls and emails. Responsible for qualifying leads, scheduling meetings/calls and following up with all deliverables
- Manage customer relationship management database (Salesforce) to maintain accurate records, tasks, deliverables and pipeline for all prospects and clients
- Manage and utilize institutional investor databases
- Work closely with the investment team to thoroughly understand our investment capabilities and present them effectively to our clients and prospects
- Work closely with the marketing team to update and improve marketing materials
- Coordinate with PMAM associates to ensure Request for Proposals (RFPs) and client questionnaires are completed and submitted on time
- Provide ongoing service and support to distribution efforts
- Prepare and partner with distribution and the investment team to ensure they are adequately prepared for all client/prospect meetings and finals presentations
- Lead in the preparation of all presentations for clients and prospects including pre-finals discussions with prospects/consultants as well as coordinating all internal logistics – presentation materials, meeting logistics, rehearsals and follow-up post finals
- Support investor relations by partnering with PMAM associates to provide all aspects of client service
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures
- Remains current in profession and industry trends
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong ability to build relationships and proactively generate sales leads
- Experience with Salesforce or other customer relationship management (CRM) database software is a plus
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of relationship management best practices
- Strong project management and experience in managing multiple priorities, communicating progress and effectively tracking deliverables to completion
- Well organized and focused
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional phone etiquette
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Follow up and follow through; have a sense of urgency and take ownership to get the job done, be responsible and accountable for outcomes
- Build effective business relationships with business partners throughout the organization and external to the organization
- Be able to create, document and monitor processes
- Act as liaison with external customers and to project our reputation of credibility and competence
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Ability to make a positive contribution as demonstrated by learning new skills and making suggestions for process/procedure improvement
- 2-5 years of experience in institutional sales/marketing of asset management products or institutional investor client service is preferred; equivalent experience may be considered
- Sales/marketing or related experience specifically within financial services or other highly regulated industry is preferred
- Understanding of financial products and markets is preferred
- Proven track record of sales success or direct contribution to distribution efforts is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Finance or other related field required
- FINRA Series 7, 66 preferred or obtained within 9 months
- Interest and motivation in pursuing professional designations
All Associates Exemplify Our Penn Mutual/PMAM Values:
Acting With Integrity—We have the conscious intention to do the right thing.
Respecting One Another—We see each other’s distinctiveness as a valued asset.
Focusing on Relationships—We foster meaningful connections with others.
Sustaining Our Legacy—We are trusted guardians for what we promise.
A Shared Sense of Belonging—We evoke our place as part of a world that we influence and influences us.
For Leadership roles within Penn Mutual/PMAM, we believe the below characteristics are essential:
Execution Focused – “Gets it done” and drives progress and results towards strategic objectives.
Strategic – “Sees the big picture and challenges boundaries,” takes risks and innovates to execute and advance Penn Mutual’s and PMAM’s strategies.
Authentic – “Keeps it real” and is principled, transparent, trustworthy and accountable.
Decisive – “Makes the call” and demonstrates courage, confidence and a bias for action.
Empowering – “Develops people” and sets clear expectations, delegates effectively and encourages risk taking.
Influential – “Sets the tone” and inspires, motivates and persuades others through their decisions and actions.
Penn Mutual/PMAM is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We provide employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and associates, according to applicable laws. This is reflected in our practices for hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, compensation, selection or training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All employment-related decisions and practices are free from unlawful discrimination. This includes: race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship age, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic partnership or civil union status, marital status, genetic information, disability, religious observance or practice, liability, veteran status or any other classification protected under applicable law.
Leaders may, at their discretion, change the responsibilities in this position description at any time due to reasonable accommodation and/or other business reasons.
About the Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
Penn Mutual is committed to helping people live life with confidence. At the heart of this purpose is the belief that life insurance is central to a sound financial plan. Through our network of trusted financial professionals, we are dedicated to helping individuals, families and businesses achieve their dreams. Penn Mutual supports its financial professionals with retirement and investment services through its wholly owned subsidiary Hornor, Townsend & Kent, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Visit Penn Mutual at www.pennmutual.com.